Be about your Father’s Business
💜 Becoming Her: Sis, Be About the Father’s Business
Sis, at some point you have to ask yourself:
Am I busy… or am I about the Father’s business?
Because there is a difference.
We can be busy working, building, posting, planning, helping everybody else, chasing goals, and checking things off our list—but still neglect what God actually called us to do.
And in this season of Becoming Her, I don’t just want to be busy.
I want to be obedient.
What Did God Tell YOU to Do?
One thing I’m learning is that everybody’s assignment isn’t my assignment.
Whew, sis. That will free you.
You don’t have to compete with her.
You don’t have to move because everybody else is moving.
You don’t have to start something because you saw somebody else doing it.
And you definitely don’t have to explain every move God told you to make.
Sometimes we spend so much time looking at what everybody else is doing that we lose focus on what God told us to do.
Sis, get back to your assignment.
Jesus Knew His Assignment
In Luke 2:49, Jesus said:
“Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”
That word must gets me.
Not when I feel like it.
Not when everybody supports me.
Not when everything makes sense.
Not when I have more money, more followers, more confidence, or more time.
I must.
There was purpose attached to His life, and there is purpose attached to ours too.
Purpose Won’t Always Be Convenient
Being about the Father’s business doesn’t mean everything will be easy.
Sometimes obedience will require sacrifice.
Sometimes God will tell you to serve when nobody claps for you.
Sometimes He’ll tell you to pour into people who can never do anything for you in return.
Sometimes He’ll tell you to start with what you have instead of waiting until everything is perfect.
And sometimes He’ll tell you to sit down, get quiet, and let Him redirect you.
That’s still part of the assignment.
Because being about the Father’s business isn’t about being seen.
It’s about being surrendered.
Becoming Her Requires Obedience
Sis, Becoming Her isn’t just about becoming more confident, healed, successful, or accomplished.
I want to become the woman God can trust with the assignment He gave me.
A woman who prays before she moves.
A woman who asks God before she says yes.
A woman who understands that every opportunity isn’t a God opportunity.
A woman who doesn’t need applause to remain obedient.
A woman who can say:
“God, if You told me to do it, I’m going to do it.”
That is the woman I’m becoming.
Sis, Get Back to the Father’s Business
Maybe you’ve been distracted.
Maybe disappointment slowed you down.
Maybe you’ve been comparing your journey to somebody else’s.
Maybe life has simply been LIFE lately, and you’ve lost sight of the assignment.
That doesn’t mean it’s over.
Come back.
Pray again.
Seek Him again.
Pick up the assignment again.
Ask God, “What do You need from me in this season?”
Because at the end of the day, I don’t want to spend my life building something that looks good to people but has nothing to do with what God asked me to build.
I want my life to say:
She loved God.
She served people.
She walked in purpose.
She stayed faithful to her assignment.
And she was about her Father’s business. 💜
Sis, we have work to do.
Not for attention.
Not for validation.
Not for applause.
For the Kingdom.
Stay focused. Stay prayerful. Stay obedient.
And keep Becoming Her. 💜✨
— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog
Comments
Post a Comment