When Life Keeps LIFING: Becoming HER Through Weariness π
Becoming HER: When You Feel Defeated and Life Just Keeps LIFING
There are days when life feels heavy.
Not because you’ve stopped believing.
Not because you’ve given up.
But because you’re simply… tired.
Tired of carrying responsibilities.
Tired of fighting battles no one else sees.
Tired of showing up when your body and mind are asking for rest.
I’ve had those days.
Recently, it was supposed to be my day off, but I got called into work. If I’m being honest, my first response wasn’t gratitude—it was frustration. My body was tired, and my mind quickly followed.
The truth is, I’m not just tired from work.
I’m living with chronic health conditions that affect me every single day. Some mornings I wake up in pain before my feet even touch the floor. Rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia have taught me what it feels like to keep moving when your body wants to stop. Add doctor’s appointments, medications, school, ministry, work, and everyday responsibilities, and some days it can feel like life just keeps… lifing.
There are moments when I ask God, “Lord, how much more?”
Then the Holy Spirit gently reminded me of Galatians 6:9:
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Notice something: the verse doesn’t say you won’t become weary. It simply tells you not to give up.
That changed my perspective.
As I’m getting ready to enter my 40s, one thing I’m intentionally working on is checking my mindset immediately. I don’t want my first response to be complaining. I want it to be prayer.
I’m learning that I can acknowledge my pain without letting it define my attitude. I can admit that I’m exhausted without losing hope. I can be honest with God about how I feel while still trusting Him with what He’s doing.
So what do you do when life keeps lifing?
You go back to the Source.
You create a quiet space with God.
You stop trying to carry tomorrow while you’re still living today.
You pray before you panic.
You worship before you worry.
You remind yourself that God’s strength is not reserved for perfect days—it’s often experienced most deeply on the hardest ones.
Becoming HER isn’t about pretending everything is okay.
It’s about choosing to trust God when everything doesn’t feel okay.
It’s choosing faith over fear.
Peace over panic.
Gratitude over grumbling.
Obedience over emotions.
So, sis, if you’re reading this while battling chronic illness, caring for your family, working long hours, grieving, or simply trying to make it through another day, I want you to know this:
God sees the strength it takes just to get out of bed.
He sees every tear you never told anyone about.
He sees every silent prayer whispered through pain.
And He has not forgotten you.
Rest when you need to. Ask for help when you need to. Give yourself grace. Then, when God gives you the strength, get back up and keep walking.
Your current struggle is not your permanent identity.
God isn’t finished with your story, and neither are you.
Prayer
Father, thank You for being my strength when I have none left. You know every ache in my body, every battle in my mind, and every burden on my heart. When I feel defeated, remind me that I never fight alone. Renew my strength, guard my mindset, and help me respond with faith instead of frustration. Teach me to rest in You without giving up on the purpose You’ve placed inside of me. As I continue becoming the woman You’ve called me to be, let my life point others to Your faithfulness. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Keep becoming. Keep believing. Keep trusting. One step at a time.
— Tatianna E. Williams | FaithWorks
Comments
Post a Comment