Becoming Her Friday

 πŸ’œ Becoming Her: Chosen, Not Forsaken

Sis, sometimes you have to remind yourself who God says you are.

Not who people said you were.

Not who rejection made you feel like you were.

Not who your mistakes told you that you were.

Not who fear tried to convince you that you were.

But who God says you are.

I am chosen, not forsaken.
I am who You say I am.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
πŸ’œ

And some days, you have to speak that over yourself until your heart catches up with your faith.

You Are Chosen

There will be seasons when you feel overlooked.

You may feel left out, forgotten, or like everybody else is moving forward while you are still waiting.

But sis, being overlooked by people does not mean you have been overlooked by God.

You are still chosen.

Still loved.

Still seen.

Still called.

Still covered.

And sometimes God will allow you to be separated from certain people and places so you can finally stop looking for your identity there.

Your identity was never supposed to come from people anyway.

It comes from Him.

You Are Not Forsaken

Life can get heavy.

There are moments when God may feel quiet.

Moments when prayers seem unanswered.

Moments when you are doing your best to hold on to faith and still asking, “God, where are You?”

But quiet does not mean absent.

Waiting does not mean forgotten.

And a hard season does not mean you have been abandoned.

God is still there.

He is still working.

He is still keeping you.

And even when you cannot see what He is doing, you can trust that He has not left you.

Sis, Watch What You Call Yourself

Becoming Her means learning to stop speaking against the woman God is building.

Stop calling yourself a failure.

Stop saying you are not enough.

Stop saying nobody wants you.

Stop saying you will never get it right.

Stop allowing one bad season to become your identity.

Words matter.

And sometimes the first person who needs to speak life over you is you.

So when fear tells you that you cannot do it, remind yourself:

God says I am chosen.

When insecurity tells you that you are not enough:

God says I am wonderfully made.

When rejection tells you that nobody wants you:

God says I belong to Him.

When your past tries to define you:

God says I am becoming new.

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Psalm 139:14 reminds us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Sis, that means there was intention behind you.

God did not accidentally create you.

Your personality.

Your gifts.

Your heart.

Your story.

Even the parts of yourself you are still learning to love.

You were created with intention.

And the more you become secure in who God created you to be, the less you will feel the need to become somebody else for acceptance.

Becoming Her Means Believing God

There comes a point in your journey where you have to choose whose voice is going to be the loudest.

The world?

Your fear?

Your past?

Other people?

Or God?

I want God’s voice to be louder.

I want His Word to be the foundation.

I want to walk into rooms knowing I do not have to shrink.

I do not have to prove myself.

I do not have to compete.

I do not have to beg to belong.

Because I already know who I am.

I am chosen.
I am loved.
I am seen.
I am called.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

And sis, so are you. πŸ’œ

So today, speak life over yourself.

Stand in the mirror if you have to and say it until you believe it:

I am chosen, not forsaken.
I am who God says I am.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

This is more than an affirmation.

It is a reminder of your identity.

And when you know who you are in God, you stop allowing everything else to tell you who you should be.

Keep believing.
Keep growing.
Keep walking in who God called you to be.

And most importantly, keep Becoming Her. πŸ’œ✨

— Tatianna E. Williams | FaithWorks | The Becoming Her Blog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming begins with Surrender

When Life Keeps LIFING: Becoming HER Through Weariness πŸ’œ

Be about your Father’s Business