God Gets The First Conversation

 Today was a DAY, sis. And if I’m being completely transparent… today felt like hell. 😩

I woke up late for work, and from there it just felt like one thing after another. Then came the attitudes from staff, and I’m at a point in my Becoming Her season where I’m learning that I don’t have to let people take me out of character just because they’re having a moment.

But today? Whew. I cried. Not because I’m weak, but because I was frustrated and overwhelmed. Have you ever cried because you knew you were trying your best, but somehow you still felt like you were being made out to be the problem?

That was me today.

I know the work I put in. I know how much I do—and then some. So being treated like I’m always the issue? Nah, sis. That’s a no for me. My peace matters. My sanity matters. And lately, I’ve been learning how to stand on business without losing myself in the process.

I could feel myself getting there today, so I turned on my gospel music. πŸ™ŒπŸΎ I needed something to shift my spirit before my frustration took over.

And then it hit me…

This morning, I left God out.

I got up late, rushed into my day, and started trying to handle everything in my own strength. By the middle of all that frustration, I realized I needed to bring Him right back into it.

That doesn’t mean every problem magically disappeared. It simply reminded me that I don’t have to carry every attitude, every problem, and everybody else’s emotions with me.

Becoming Her also means learning when to respond, when to be quiet, when to set a boundary, and when to turn the gospel music ALL the way up and give it to God. πŸ˜‚πŸ™ŒπŸΎ

Today wasn’t pretty. I cried. I got frustrated. I had to check myself.

But I didn’t allow one hard day to make me forget the woman I’m becoming.

And tomorrow?

God gets the first conversation. πŸ’œπŸ™πŸΎ

Tatianna E. Williams | Becoming Her


Comments

  1. I really can relate! Today was beyond frustrating and boy did I cry. Cried in the doctors office. Felt defeated. One blow after another today. But God has always carried me especially when I call out! πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½❤️ sending prayers your way and thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming begins with Surrender

When Life Keeps LIFING: Becoming HER Through Weariness πŸ’œ

Be about your Father’s Business