Gracefully Aging πππ
Becoming Her: Wait… Am I REALLY Turning 40 Tomorrow?! π✨
Y’all… am I really turning 40 tomorrow? Like, really?! π
I remember being 21 and thinking, “40 is OLD!” Whew, the way life will humble you! π Because now that I’m actually standing at the door of 40, I don’t feel old.
I feel grateful.
I feel blessed.
I feel like I’m just getting started.
And honestly, I look at 40 completely different now.
I’m Grateful to See 40
With everything I have going on in my life, turning 40 means so much more than another birthday.
There are days when chronic pain makes getting out of bed feel like an accomplishment all by itself. Days when my body is tired before my day even begins. Days when I have plans, but my body says, “Not today, sis.”
So no, I’m not complaining about turning 40.
I’m thanking God that I GET to turn 40. ππΎ
Every year isn’t promised. Every birthday is a blessing. And this one? This one feels different.
I’m walking into 40 understanding that I don’t have to have everything figured out.
I don’t have to be the woman I thought I would be by this age.
I just have to keep becoming the woman God is calling me to be.
Becoming Her Has Never Meant Being Perfect
Becoming Her isn’t about waking up one morning and suddenly having it all together.
It’s choosing to keep becoming even when life gets hard.
It’s choosing joy while living with pain.
It’s choosing faith when I don’t understand what God is doing.
It’s giving myself grace on the days when all I can do is rest.
It’s healing.
It’s growing.
It’s setting boundaries.
It’s learning to love myself again.
It’s realizing that slowing down doesn’t mean I’m falling behind.
And it’s understanding that the woman I’m becoming deserves the same love and grace I’m always giving everybody else.
Dear 40… I’m Ready π
I’m not walking into this next decade worried about looking younger or wishing I could go backward.
I don’t want 21 again.
That young woman had some beautiful moments, but she also had lessons she still needed to learn.
I want the wisdom I have now.
I want the faith I have now.
I want the confidence I’m finding now.
I want the woman God has been shaping through every beautiful, painful, confusing, and unexpected season of my life.
So tomorrow, when I wake up 40 years old, I’m going to thank God.
Thank Him for keeping me.
Thank Him for carrying me.
Thank Him for every lesson.
Thank Him for every closed door.
Thank Him for every new beginning.
And thank Him that my story is still being written.
Here’s to 40.
Here’s to grace.
Here’s to healing.
Here’s to purpose.
Here’s to choosing myself without guilt.
Here’s to becoming more of who God created me to be.
And no matter what this next chapter brings, I’m making myself one promise:
I will always choose to Become Her. π✨
Chapter 40 starts tomorrow.
And sis… I think she’s going to be beautiful. π₯Ήπ
— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog
Comments
Post a Comment