Sis, Don’t Let Your Burdens Get Louder Than Your Blessings πŸ’œ

πŸ’œ Becoming Her: Sis, Talk About Your Blessings More Than Your Burdens

Sis, I had to check myself on this one.

Sometimes we can talk more about our burdens than we do our blessings.

We talk about what went wrong.

What hurt.

Who disappointed us.

What bill is due.

What prayer hasn’t been answered yet.

What we’re tired of dealing with.

What we wish would change.

And listen… those things are real.

I’m not saying pretend everything is okay when it isn’t. I’m not saying you can’t have hard days, cry, vent, or admit that life is LIFE-ING. πŸ˜‚

But sis, if we’re not careful, we can become so focused on what’s going wrong that we completely overlook everything God is still doing right.

πŸ’œ I Have Burdens, But I Have Blessings Too

There are things in my life that I would change if I could.

There are things I’m praying about.

There are days I get frustrated.

There are days when I’m tired.

There are things I’m still waiting for God to answer.

But when I really stop and look around…

God has still been GOOD to me.

I woke up this morning.

That’s a blessing.

I have people I love.

That’s a blessing.

God has given me purpose.

That’s a blessing.

I’ve survived days I didn’t think I could handle.

That’s a blessing.

I can look back over my life and see prayers God has already answered.

That’s a blessing.

Sometimes we’re asking God for the next thing while forgetting to thank Him for the things we once prayed for that we’re living in right now.

Whew, sis.

What Are You Speaking?

Proverbs 18:21 reminds us that death and life are in the power of the tongue.

That makes me think about the way I speak over my own life.

Am I constantly saying:

“Nothing ever works out for me.”

“I’m always going through something.”

“I can’t catch a break.”

Or am I also saying:

“God has been faithful.”

“I’m grateful for what I have.”

“This season is hard, but God is still with me.”

“I believe better days are coming.”

Your words won’t make every problem disappear, but they can change what you choose to focus on while you’re walking through it.

Gratitude Doesn’t Mean Life Is Perfect

This is important.

Being grateful doesn’t mean you’re ignoring your pain.

You can be grateful and tired.

You can be blessed and still have problems.

You can trust God and still have questions.

You can worship and still cry.

You can thank God for today while praying for tomorrow to look different.

Both can be true.

Gratitude simply says:

“God, even in the middle of everything I’m carrying, I can still see Your goodness.”

Sis, Count Them Again

Maybe today has been heavy.

Maybe this whole season has been heavy.

But before you go to bed tonight, think about three things God has done for you.

They don’t have to be huge.

Maybe somebody checked on you.

Maybe you had food to eat.

Maybe you laughed today.

Maybe God gave you peace about something that used to keep you up at night.

Maybe you simply made it through another day.

Thank Him for it.

Sometimes we spend so much time waiting for the BIG blessing that we stop noticing the small blessings surrounding us every single day.

Becoming Her Means Changing the Conversation

Part of Becoming Her is learning to speak differently.

I don’t want every conversation to be about what’s wrong.

I don’t want every prayer to begin with what I need.

Sometimes I want to walk into God’s presence and simply say:

“Thank You.”

Thank You for keeping me.

Thank You for providing.

Thank You for protecting me.

Thank You for the doors You opened.

Thank You for the doors You closed.

Thank You for what I understand.

And God, thank You even for the things I don’t understand yet.

Sis, your burdens deserve space—but don’t give them so much space that you forget your blessings.

Talk about what God has done.

Celebrate how far you’ve come.

Speak life over yourself.

And when life gives you a hundred reasons to complain, intentionally look for a reason to say:

“God, I still thank You.” πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ’œ

Your burdens may be real.

But so are your blessings.

So sis…

Talk about your blessings MORE than your burdens.

Keep thanking Him.
Keep speaking life.
Keep trusting Him.
And keep Becoming Her. πŸ’œ✨

— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be about your Father’s Business

Becoming begins with Surrender

Car Rides With God — When the Car Becomes My Prayer Room πŸ’œπŸš—πŸ™πŸΎ