Sis, I Need Women Who Will Pray for Me When I Can’t Pray for Myself πŸ’œπŸ™πŸΎ

 πŸ’œ Becoming Her: Sis, We Need Women Who Will Pray for Us

Sis, you were never meant to do this walk alone.

I know we live in a world that celebrates being independent. We hear things like, “I don’t need anybody,” or “I can do everything by myself.”

And yes, there are seasons when God will separate you and teach you how to depend on Him.

But sis… we still need each other.

We need women who will pray for us when we can’t even find the words to pray for ourselves.

Sometimes You Won’t Have the Words

Have you ever been so tired, overwhelmed, hurt, or frustrated that you knew you needed to pray—but you didn’t even know what to say?

I have.

Sometimes all you have is:

“God, help me.”

Sometimes all you have are tears.

And that’s why having the right women around you matters.

I want sisters who can recognize when something is off and say:

“Sis, I got you. Let me pray for you.”

Not gossip about it.

Not run and tell everybody what I’m going through.

Not judge me because I’m having a difficult season.

Pray for me.

I Don’t Just Need Friends—I Need Praying Sisters

There’s a difference between having people around you and having the right people around you.

I need women who will celebrate when God blesses me without secretly competing with me.

Women who will lovingly correct me when I’m wrong.

Women who will remind me of God’s promises when fear starts getting loud.

Women who will sit with me when there aren’t any words.

Women who won’t just say, “I’m praying for you,” but will actually PRAY.

Because some battles require more than a motivational quote.

Sometimes, sis, we need somebody standing in agreement with us.

Who Is Covering You?

James 5:16 reminds us to pray for one another.

That means sisterhood isn’t only brunch, cute pictures, matching shirts, and laughing together.

Real sisterhood has a spiritual side.

Who can you call when life gets heavy?

Who knows how to pray with you?

Who can remind you of who you are when you’ve forgotten?

And just as importantly…

Whose name are YOU taking to God in prayer?

Because we can’t only ask for praying sisters. We have to become one too.

Becoming Her Means Becoming That Sister

As I’m Becoming Her, I don’t only want to become a better version of myself.

I want to become a better sister.

I want to be the woman who checks on you.

The woman who celebrates you.

The woman who encourages you.

And most importantly, the woman who prays for you.

Not only when you ask.

Sometimes I want God to place your name on my heart, and my response simply be:

“Okay, God. Let me pray for my sister.”

No questions.

No details needed.

Just prayer. πŸ™πŸΎ

Sis, Find Your Women—and Be That Woman

Everybody doesn’t deserve access to the deepest parts of you. Pray for discernment about your circle.

But when God sends you genuine women who love Him, love you, pray for you, correct you in love, and want to see you become everything God created you to be…

Value them.

Pray for them too.

Check on them.

Love them well.

Because there will be days when your sister’s faith feels weak and she needs yours to stand beside hers.

And there may be days when you’re that sister.

Ecclesiastes 4:9–10 reminds us that two are better than one because when one falls, the other can help her back up.

That’s the kind of sisterhood I want.

Not perfect women.
Praying women.
Women who love God.
Women who love each other.
Women who know how to cover one another instead of competing with one another.

Sis, we need each other.

And sometimes one of the greatest gifts God can give you is a sister who whispers your name in prayer when you don’t even have the strength to whisper it yourself. πŸ’œπŸ™πŸΎ

Be that sister. Find those sisters. And keep Becoming Her—together.

— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be about your Father’s Business

Becoming begins with Surrender

Car Rides With God — When the Car Becomes My Prayer Room πŸ’œπŸš—πŸ™πŸΎ