Still, Sis… His Presence Is Enough πŸ’œ

 πŸ’œ Becoming Her: Sis, Sometimes You Just Need to Sit in His Presence

Just a little while ago, I went to the park.

No big plans. No agenda. I simply found a table, sat down, and was still.

And sis… I needed that.

I wasn’t thinking about work.

I wasn’t thinking about what needed to get done.

I wasn’t thinking about tomorrow.

I wasn’t asking God for anything.

For a moment, I just sat there.

Me and God.

And I could feel His presence.

When Was the Last Time You Were Just Still?

We are always doing something.

Working.
Taking care of everybody.
Checking our phones.
Planning the next thing.
Worrying about something we can’t control.

Even our prayer time can sometimes become a list:

God, I need this.

God, fix that.

God, open this door.

God, change this situation.

But when was the last time you sat with God and didn’t ask Him for anything?

When was the last time you simply said:

“God, I’m here.”

That’s what today felt like for me.

I Didn’t Need Words

Sometimes we think being in God’s presence has to look a certain way.

You need your Bible open.

You need worship music playing.

You need to be on your knees praying.

And those things are beautiful.

But today, my moment with God looked like sitting at a park table and being quiet.

No fancy prayer.

No perfect words.

Just stillness.

And somehow, that stillness said everything.

It reminded me of Psalm 46:10:

“Be still, and know that I am God.”

Whew.

Sometimes that’s exactly what we need to do.

Be still.

His Presence Is Enough

Sis, I’m learning that I don’t always need God to immediately change the situation.

Sometimes I just need His presence while I’m going through it.

I don’t always need an answer.

Sometimes I need peace.

I don’t always need another sign.

Sometimes I need to sit quietly long enough to remember that He is already there.

And today, sitting at that table, I felt that.

God didn’t need me to perform.

He didn’t need me to have everything together.

He didn’t need a long prayer.

I just needed to show up.

Becoming Her Requires Stillness Too

Becoming Her isn’t always about moving.

Sometimes it’s about stopping.

It’s about getting quiet enough to hear yourself again.

Quiet enough to recognize God’s presence.

Quiet enough to release everything you’ve been carrying.

We spend so much time asking God, “What’s next?”

Maybe sometimes He’s saying:

“Before we talk about what’s next, just sit with Me.”

Sis… that did something to me today.

Find Your Quiet Place

Maybe yours isn’t a park.

Maybe it’s sitting in your car before you walk into the house.

Maybe it’s your bedroom before everyone wakes up.

Maybe it’s sitting on your porch with a cup of coffee.

Wherever it is, find a little time to put the phone down, turn off the noise, and just be with God.

You don’t have to say much.

You don’t have to figure anything out.

Just breathe.

Just listen.

Just be still.

Sometimes the most beautiful moments with God happen when we stop talking long enough to simply feel His presence.

Today I went to the park and sat at a table.

Nothing extraordinary happened.

But at the same time…

everything I needed happened.

I was still.

God was present.

And for that moment, that was enough. πŸ’œ

Keep seeking Him.
Keep making room for Him.
Keep Becoming Her.

— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog


Comments

  1. Love this sis! I discovered God in stillness and our best conversations are outside in the magic he created ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be about your Father’s Business

Becoming begins with Surrender

Car Rides With God — When the Car Becomes My Prayer Room πŸ’œπŸš—πŸ™πŸΎ