What Are You Feeding Your Spirit Sis
Becoming Her: Sis, Everything Your Flesh Wants Isn’t Feeding Your Spirit πππΎ
Sis, this one stepped on my toes too. π©
We talk a lot about wanting to grow closer to God. We pray, “Lord, use me. Lord, strengthen me. Lord, help me hear You more clearly.”
But sometimes, if we’re being real, we’re feeding everything except our spirit.
We can scroll for two hours but struggle to give God twenty minutes.
We can make time for everybody else but tell ourselves we’re too busy to pray.
We can know every update on social media but haven’t opened our Bible all week.
Whew. π©
And I’m not saying this to judge anybody because, sis, I’m talking to ME too.
I’m learning that Becoming Her requires more than wanting a deeper relationship with God.
It requires discipline.
π Everything You Want Isn’t Good for Your Spirit
Our flesh wants what feels good right now.
Comfort.
Attention.
Entertainment.
Instant gratification.
Doing what we want, when we want.
But our spirit needs something different.
Our spirit needs God’s Word.
Our spirit needs prayer.
Our spirit needs quiet time with God.
Our spirit needs obedience.
Our spirit needs moments when we say, “No, I’m not giving this my attention today because I need to give that time to God.”
Not everything is necessarily bad, sis.
Sometimes it’s simply taking up too much space.
And anything taking up so much space that there’s no room left for God needs to be checked.
π Sis, Open Your Bible
Sometimes we’re asking God to speak while our Bible stays closed.
Ouch. π©
I’m learning that I can’t expect to recognize God’s voice if I’m constantly filling my mind with everybody else’s.
Social media has a voice.
Fear has a voice.
People have opinions.
Our emotions can get LOUD.
But when everything around me gets noisy, I need to know what God says.
The Bible isn’t just something we open on Sunday.
It’s where we go when we’re confused.
When we’re discouraged.
When we’re tempted.
When we’re afraid.
When we need correction.
And when we simply want to know God more.
“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” — Psalm 119:105
Sis, sometimes we’re asking God to show us the whole road when He’s already given us enough light for the next step.
ππΎ Less Distraction. More Prayer.
Prayer doesn’t always have to be long and pretty.
Some days my prayer might be:
“Lord, help me.”
Other days, I have plenty to say. π
But what matters is that I’m making room for Him.
And sometimes making room for God means removing something else.
Put the phone down.
Turn the TV off.
Sit in silence.
Go outside.
Open your Bible.
Journal.
Pray.
Worship.
Fast.
Not because you’re trying to prove how spiritual you are, but because you want God more than you want the distraction.
π± Your Spirit Needs to Be Fed Too
Think about it, sis.
We understand that our physical bodies need food.
If we stopped eating, eventually we’d become weak.
Our spiritual lives aren’t much different.
We can’t feed our flesh seven days a week and give our spirit one hour on Sunday, then wonder why we’re spiritually exhausted.
What you continually feed will grow.
So ask yourself:
What have I been feeding lately?
My fear?
My insecurity?
My flesh?
My distractions?
Or my faith?
That question isn’t meant to bring shame.
It’s an invitation to realign.
π Discipline Doesn’t Always Feel Good
This is something I’m learning personally.
Spiritual discipline isn’t always going to feel convenient.
Sometimes I won’t feel like praying.
Sometimes I won’t feel like reading my Bible.
Sometimes my flesh would much rather roll over and keep sleeping. π
But discipline says:
“I’m doing it anyway.”
Because every moment with God doesn’t have to give me goosebumps to be valuable.
Sometimes He’s developing consistency.
Sometimes He’s teaching obedience.
Sometimes He’s strengthening roots that nobody else can see yet.
ππΎ Less of Me, More of Him
This is really what it’s about.
Not becoming perfect.
Not trying to look more spiritual than somebody else.
Not performing Christianity for social media.
It’s about surrender.
Less of my way. More of His way.
Less of my pride.
Less of my distractions.
Less of my flesh controlling every decision.
And more prayer.
More Word.
More obedience.
More patience.
More love.
More of Him.
John 3:30 says:
“He must become greater; I must become less.”
That’s the prayer, sis.
God, decrease the things in me that keep competing with You.
Help me become disciplined enough to choose what feeds my spirit, even when my flesh wants something different.
π Becoming Her Requires Spiritual Discipline
Sis, the woman you’re praying to become isn’t only built in the big moments.
She’s being built in the quiet ones.
When nobody sees you opening your Bible.
When nobody knows you’re fasting.
When you turn down the distraction.
When you pray instead of reacting.
When you choose obedience instead of what feels good.
When you make God a priority even when life is LIFE-ING. π©ππΎ
That’s where the growth happens.
So today, I’m reminding myself right along with you:
Everything my flesh wants isn’t feeding my spirit.
Sometimes we have to put down the distractions, open our Bible, pray, and get disciplined.
Less of me. More of Him. πππΎ✨
Keep praying.
Keep feeding your spirit.
Keep choosing God.
And keep Becoming Her. π
— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog
#FaithWorks #SpiritualDiscipline #FaithOverFlesh #BecomingHer
Comments
Post a Comment