You’re not late when your walking with God
Becoming Her: Sis, Don’t Let Anybody Rush God’s Timeline for Your Life πππΎ
Sis, I need you to hear this today:
Don’t ever let anyone else tell you the timeline God has for you.
Not your family.
Not your friends.
Not social media.
Not the people who keep asking, “So when are you going to…?”
And definitely not that little voice in your own head telling you that you should be further along by now.
Because one thing I’m learning in this Becoming Her season is that God’s timing for my life does not have to look like anybody else’s.
And neither does yours.
π Sis, You Are Not Behind
Sometimes we look around and everybody seems to be moving.
She’s getting married.
She’s buying the house.
She’s graduating.
She’s starting the business.
She’s getting promoted.
She’s having the baby.
She’s walking into the opportunity you’ve been praying about for YEARS.
And if we’re not careful, we’ll start looking at somebody else’s chapter and questioning our own.
“God, what about me?”
“Did I miss something?”
“Am I behind?”
“Why hasn’t it happened for me yet?”
Sis, somebody else’s blessing is not evidence that God forgot about you.
Their timing is theirs.
Yours is yours.
ππΎ People Will Put Deadlines on Things God Never Put a Deadline On
Whew. Let’s talk about this.
People will have you thinking that by a certain age you should have accomplished certain things.
By 25, you should have this.
By 30, you should have that.
By 40, surely you should have everything figured out.
Baby… WHO SAID THAT?! π
Life doesn’t happen according to somebody else’s checklist.
And neither does purpose.
Sometimes God will call you to something later than you expected.
Sometimes He’ll have you start over.
Sometimes the plan you thought you would have completed by now will change completely.
And sometimes you’ll look around and realize that what felt like a delay was actually a season where God was developing you.
π± The Waiting Season Is Still a Season
We often treat waiting like nothing is happening.
But what if God is doing some of His deepest work while you’re waiting?
Roots grow where nobody can see them.
Preparation happens before the opportunity.
Character develops before the platform.
Sometimes God has to work in us before He releases what we’ve been asking Him to put in our hands.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 says:
“He has made everything beautiful in its time.”
Not my time.
Not their time.
His time.
And sis, that can be hard when you’re ready NOW. π©
But I’ve learned that rushing ahead of God because I feel behind can cost me more than waiting on Him ever will.
π Stop Comparing Your Timeline
Comparison will have you rushing into things you weren’t even called to.
You’ll start chasing somebody else’s version of success.
You’ll say yes because everybody else is doing it.
You’ll force relationships.
Force opportunities.
Force doors.
Force seasons that God never told you to enter.
All because you’re afraid of being left behind.
Sis, slow down.
Go back to God.
Ask Him:
“Lord, what are YOU doing in my life right now?”
Not hers.
Not his.
Not theirs.
Mine.
Because peace comes when you stop trying to live somebody else’s timeline.
✨ Some Things Take Time Because YOU Are Becoming
Maybe the blessing isn’t the only thing being prepared.
Maybe you are too.
Think about the woman you were five years ago.
Would she have known what to do with everything you’re praying for today?
Maybe.
Maybe not.
I know there are things I can handle today that an earlier version of me couldn’t.
That’s growth.
That’s maturity.
That’s healing.
That’s Becoming Her.
So maybe God isn’t punishing you.
Maybe He isn’t ignoring you.
Maybe this season is developing something in you that you’ll need for where you’re going next.
ππΎ Trust the God Who Holds the Timeline
Sis, I don’t know when every prayer will be answered.
I don’t know when every door will open.
And I don’t know exactly what every next chapter will look like.
But I know Who I’m trusting with it.
Proverbs 3:5–6 reminds us to trust in the Lord with all our heart instead of depending completely on our own understanding.
Sometimes trusting God means saying:
“Lord, I thought I would be there by now…but I trust You here.”
Whew. ππ
I trust You in the waiting.
I trust You while I’m building.
I trust You while I’m healing.
I trust You while I’m learning.
I trust You when everybody else seems ahead.
I trust You when I don’t understand why it’s taking so long.
And I trust that what You have for me doesn’t require me to compete with anybody else’s timeline.
π Becoming Her at God’s Pace
Sis, give yourself permission to grow at the pace God has for you.
You don’t have to rush your healing.
You don’t have to rush your purpose.
You don’t have to prove anything because of your age.
You don’t have to accomplish something just because everybody else thinks you should have done it by now.
Listen to God.
Stay obedient.
Keep preparing.
Keep working.
Keep praying.
And when it’s time to move, MOVE.
But don’t let pressure push you somewhere God hasn’t led you.
You are not late when you’re walking with God.
Your story isn’t supposed to look exactly like somebody else’s.
So stop allowing people to hand you deadlines for a life God authored.
Sis, don’t ever let anyone else tell you the timeline God has for you.
Let God lead.
Let God prepare you.
Let God open the doors.
And while He’s doing it…
keep Becoming Her. πππΎ✨
— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog
#BecomingHer #GodsTiming #TrustTheProcess #TrustGod #WalkByFaith #FaithWorks
Comments
Post a Comment