Becoming Her: Sis, You Don’t Need a Pulpit to Preach Jesus—Your Life Can Be the Message π
Becoming Her: Sis, You Don’t Need a Pulpit to Tell Somebody About Jesus πππΎ
For a long time, I think we’ve connected “ministry” with a microphone, a church stage, a title, or standing behind a pulpit.
But sis… your life can be a pulpit.
You don’t have to be a pastor.
You don’t have to have “Minister” in front of your name.
You don’t have to know every scripture in the Bible.
And you definitely don’t have to wait until somebody hands you a microphone.
Sometimes telling somebody about Jesus looks like simply telling them what He has done for you.
π Your Testimony Can Preach
I can tell you about the God who kept me when I wanted to give up.
I can tell you about the prayers I prayed with tears in my eyes.
I can tell you about the seasons when I didn’t understand what God was doing, but somehow He kept giving me enough strength for the next day.
I can tell you about doors He opened.
Doors He closed.
People He connected me with.
And even the times He told me, “Not yet.”
I don’t need a pulpit to tell you that.
I lived it.
Revelation 12:11 reminds us of the power of our testimony.
Sis, sometimes your testimony will reach somebody a sermon never could because they can look at you and say:
“If God did it for her, maybe He can do it for me too.”
ππΎ Ministry Happens Outside the Four Walls
Jesus didn’t only minister inside a building.
He met people where they were.
And I think sometimes we make sharing Jesus harder than it has to be.
You can talk about Jesus at work.
In your car.
Over coffee.
While encouraging a friend.
On your social media.
At the park.
While serving your community.
While mentoring a young girl.
Even in the grocery store if God opens the door. π
Sometimes ministry sounds like:
“Sis, can I pray for you?”
Sometimes it sounds like:
“God got me through something similar.”
Sometimes it’s sitting beside somebody who is hurting and reminding them that they are not alone.
And sometimes you don’t even have to say much at first.
The way you love people can introduce them to the God you serve.
✨ Stop Waiting Until You Feel “Qualified”
This one right here.
Because how many times have we thought:
I don’t know enough.
I’m still working on myself.
My life isn’t perfect.
What if somebody asks me something I don’t know?
Sis, welcome to the club. ππ
None of us have everything figured out.
God isn’t asking you to pretend you know everything.
He’s asking you to be willing.
You can simply say:
“I don’t know everything about God, but let me tell you what I DO know about Him.”
I know He has been faithful.
I know He has carried me.
I know He has given me grace.
I know He has met me in some dark places.
And I know I wouldn’t be the woman I’m becoming without Him.
That’s something worth sharing.
π Your Platform May Look Different
Maybe your platform isn’t a church stage.
Maybe it’s your business.
Your classroom.
Your nursing job.
Your nonprofit.
Your blog.
Your social media page.
Your kitchen table.
Your friend group.
Your motherhood.
Your chronic illness journey.
Your community.
Your platform is wherever God has given you influence.
Matthew 5:16 tells us to let our light shine before others so they can see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven.
Notice it says let your light shine.
It doesn’t say you need a pulpit first.
ππΎ Let Your Life Point Back to Him
This is becoming more important to me the older I get:
I don’t just want people to see me.
I want something about my life to point them toward Him.
When I serve—God.
When I speak—God.
When I write—God.
When I encourage another woman—God.
When I share the beautiful parts of my story and the messy ones—God.
Not because I’m perfect.
Not because I’ve arrived.
But because I’ve experienced enough of His grace to know that I can’t keep it to myself.
And sis, neither should you.
π± Becoming Her Means Being Willing to Be Used
Maybe God isn’t calling you to preach from a pulpit.
Maybe He’s calling you to talk to one woman.
Maybe He’s asking you to encourage one coworker.
Pray with one friend.
Mentor one girl.
Share one testimony.
Write one post.
Serve one family.
Tell one person:
“God loves you, and I just wanted you to know.”
Don’t underestimate what God can do with one obedient conversation.
You never know what somebody prayed before they crossed your path.
You could be the reminder they asked God for.
So sis, stop waiting for the microphone.
Stop waiting for the title.
Stop waiting until you know the whole Bible.
Stop waiting until your life looks perfect.
You don’t have to be in the pulpit to speak about Jesus.
You just have to be willing to open your mouth, live your faith, love people well, and give God the glory.
Wherever God places you…
that’s your opportunity to let your light shine. πππΎ
Keep loving.
Keep serving.
Keep sharing Jesus.
And, sis…
Keep Becoming Her. π✨
— Tatianna E. Williams | The Becoming Her Blog
The Becoming Her Blog
#BecomingHer #SpeakAboutJesus #ShareYourTestimony #FaithInAction #LetYourLightShine #WomenOfFaith #FaithWorks
Comments
Post a Comment