Sisterhood Isn’t Competition, It’s Connection πŸ’œ

 πŸ’œ Becoming Her: Loving Your Sister

Sis, can we talk about sisterhood for a minute?

And I mean REAL sisterhood.

Not just calling somebody “sis” in the comments. Not just liking her pictures. Not just being around when everything is going good.

I’m talking about loving your sister for real.

Loving her when she wins.

Loving her when she’s struggling.

Praying for her when she doesn’t even know you’re praying.

Showing up when there’s nothing in it for you.

And being able to clap for her without wondering, “When is it going to be my turn?”

Her Win Doesn’t Take Away From Yours

Sis, somebody else’s blessing is not proof that God forgot about you.

Read that again.

Her winning does not mean you’re losing.

If your sister gets the job, celebrate her.

If her business takes off, support her.

If God opens a door for her, clap LOUD.

If she finally accomplishes something you’ve watched her pray about, praise God with her.

We have to stop allowing comparison to ruin genuine sisterhood.

There is room for all of us. πŸ’œ

Love Her Beyond Social Media

Real sisterhood goes beyond a heart underneath a Facebook post.

Sometimes loving your sister looks like:

“Sis, did you make it home?”

“Have you eaten today?”

“I haven’t heard from you. Are you okay?”

“I’m praying for you.”

“What do you need?”

And sometimes it means simply sitting beside her when you don’t have the words to fix anything.

Everybody doesn’t need advice.

Sometimes your sister just needs to know she isn’t alone.

Correct Her in Love Too

Now sis… loving your sister doesn’t mean agreeing with everything she does.

Real love can tell the truth.

If I love you, I should be able to lovingly say, “Sis, that wasn’t right.”

And if you love me, I should be able to receive correction without automatically believing you’re against me.

There is a difference between judging someone and holding someone accountable in love.

Proverbs 27:17 reminds us:

“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.”

That’s sisterhood.

We sharpen one another.

We encourage one another.

We pray for one another.

We hold each other accountable.

And we help each other become better.

Check on the Strong Sister

And please, sis…

Check on your strong friend.

Check on the woman who is always helping everybody.

Check on the one who always has the encouraging word.

Check on the sister who seems like she has everything together.

Sometimes she’s pouring from a cup nobody has thought to refill.

Don’t assume she’s okay because she’s smiling.

Love her enough to ask.

Becoming Her Includes How You Treat HER

We talk so much about becoming the woman God created us to be, but part of Becoming Her is learning how to treat other women too.

I don’t want to become successful and lose compassion.

I don’t want to walk in purpose and become too busy to support another woman.

I don’t want God to elevate me and suddenly forget the sisters who prayed with me when I was still trying to figure everything out.

I want to be the kind of woman who can say:

“Sis, I see you.”

“Sis, I’m proud of you.”

“Sis, I’m praying for you.”

“Sis, keep going.”

And mean every word.

Because sisterhood isn’t competition.

It’s connection.

It’s accountability.

It’s prayer.

It’s encouragement.

It’s love.

So today, reach out to one of your sisters.

Tell her you love her.

Remind her she’s doing better than she thinks.

Pray for her.

Support something she’s building.

Give her flowers while she’s here to receive them. πŸ’

Because while you’re busy Becoming Her, never forget to reach back and remind another woman that she’s becoming HER too. πŸ’œ✨

— Tatianna E. Williams | FaithWorks | The Becoming Her Blog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming begins with Surrender

When Life Keeps LIFING: Becoming HER Through Weariness πŸ’œ

Be about your Father’s Business